Within the Diocese of Awka (Anglican Communion) is the Women Organizations made up of the Mothers’ Union and Women’s Guild under the leadership of the President, Mrs. Chioma Ibeim, Mama Awka. In St. Matthew’s Church Nibo, Mrs. E Onwuka is the Parish President .
The Mothers’ Union is a world-wide organization which promotes the well-being of families based on Christian teachings. It was founded by Mrs. Mary Sumner in 1876 in the United Kingdom but was introduced in Nigeria by late Mrs. Abigail Oluwole in 1908.
Membership is open to all baptized, confirmed and married women whose marriages were blessed in church.
Colour Code is White and Blue.
“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” Phil. 4:13
Purpose, Aim and Objectives
To be specially concerned with all that strengthens and preserves marriage and Christian family life.
The advancement of the Christian religion in the sphere of marriage and family life.
- To uphold Christ’s teaching in the nature of marriage and promotes its wider understanding. To encourage parents to bring up their children in the faith and life of the church.
- To maintain a worldwide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and service. To promote conditions in society favourable to family life and the protection of children.
- To help those whose family life has met with adversity.
Benefits of membership:
- Fellow-shipping with one another as iron sharpens iron and sharing experiences.
- Spiritual growth through sharing the word of God and prayer fellowship
- Having a body you can turn to in good and bad times
- Joining hands with others to reach the un-reached and put smiles on the faces
of the needy
- Health awareness through health talks
- Experience the joy of serving God with fellow believers. Join the foot solders
of Christ to enlarge His Kingdom here on earth
The Women’s Guild is an important arm of the Women’s Organization of the Anglican Communion. It is for baptized female members of the Church from the age of 25. The Women’s Guild raises Women of virtue who will not only be good Christian Mothers but also raise Godly children.
Motto: By love serve one another. Gal. 5:13
Please feel free to join any of these groups you are led to join.
St. Matthew’s Church Nibo, Anambra
THE LORD IS WAITING FOR YOU!!!