DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
Courtesy of Anglican Cable TV
- CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO VIEW THE VIDEO AND SHARE WITH OTHERS 👇🏻
Wednesday, November 7
TEXT: Nehemiah 10:32-39
32. Also we made ordinances for ourselves, to exact from ourselves yearly one-third of a shekel for the service of the house of our God:
33. for the showbread, for the regular grain offering, for the regular burnt offering of the Sabbaths, the New Moons, and the set feasts; for the holy things, for the sin offerings to make atonement for Israel, and all the work of the house of our God. 34. We cast lots among the priests, the Levites, and the people, for bringing the wood offering into the house of our God, according to our fathers’ houses, at the appointed times year by year, to burn on the altar of the Lord our God as it is written in the Law.
35. And we made ordinances to bring the firstfruits of our ground and the firstfruits of all fruit of all trees, year by year, to the house of the Lord ;
36. to bring the firstborn of our sons and our cattle, as it is written in the Law, and the firstborn of our herds and our flocks, to the house of our God, to the priests who minister in the house of our God; 37. to bring the firstfruits of our dough, our offerings, the fruit from all kinds of trees, the new wine and oil, to the priests, to the storerooms of the house of our God; and to bring the tithes of our land to the Levites, for the Levites should receive the tithes in all our farming communities. 38. And the priest, the descendant of Aaron, shall be with the Levites when the Levites receive tithes; and the Levites shall bring up a tenth of the tithes to the house of our God, to the rooms of the storehouse.
39. For the children of Israel and the children of Levi shall bring the offering of the grain, of the new wine and the oil, to the storerooms where the articles of the sanctuary are, where the priests who minister and the gatekeepers and the singers are; and we will not neglect the house of our God.
Nehemiah 10:32-39 NKJV
TOPIC: DO NOT NEGLECT THE HOUSE OF THE LORD
The House of the Lord mostly is where the children of God gather to worship God. The people of Israel noticed they had neglected the House of the Lord for some period. As part of the agreement mentioned earlier, they decided to bring their tithes as commanded so that there would be food in the storehouses (Malachi 3:10). They agreed to bring the various statutory offerings to the House of God to ensure that the servants of God were well taken care of. They also decided to offer their first-fruits of man, animals, grain and fruits as required by the Law.
Are you neglecting your Church? Many of us are so busy that we do not remember to contribute for the upkeep of our place of worship or the workers. Many do not look around to notice what is lacking. Have you ever noticed the peeling paints, the broken pews or chairs, the leaking roofs, etc.? Are you waiting for your Pastor to inform you things are not right before you act even when you know? Have you ever noticed that your Pastor’s children were sent home from school for lack of funds? Have you noticed that servants of God where you worship trek or take motor-bikes when you can help to better their condition? May we motivate the servants of God where we worship!
- Prayer: Oh Lord, whatsoever my hands finds to do help me to do it with all my might in Jesus Name.