DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO VIEW THE VIDEO AND SHARE WITH OTHERS 👇🏻
Thursday, November 8
TEXT: Nehemiah 12:1-26
1. Now these are the priests and the Levites who came up with Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, and Jeshua: Seraiah, Jeremiah, Ezra,
2. Amariah, Malluch, Hattush,
3. Shechaniah, Rehum, Meremoth,
4. Iddo, Ginnethoi, Abijah,
5. Mijamin, Maadiah, Bilgah,
6. Shemaiah, Joiarib, Jedaiah,
7. Sallu, Amok, Hilkiah, and Jedaiah. These were the heads of the priests and their brethren in the days of Jeshua.
8. Moreover the Levites were Jeshua, Binnui, Kadmiel, Sherebiah, Judah, and Mattaniah who led the thanksgiving psalms, he and his brethren.
9. Also Bakbukiah and Unni, their brethren, stood across from them in their duties. 10. Jeshua begot Joiakim, Joiakim begot Eliashib, Eliashib begot Joiada,
11. Joiada begot Jonathan, and Jonathan begot Jaddua.
12. Now in the days of Joiakim, the priests, the heads of the fathers’ houses were: of Seraiah, Meraiah; of Jeremiah, Hananiah;
13. of Ezra, Meshullam; of Amariah, Jehohanan;
14. of Melichu, Jonathan; of Shebaniah, Joseph;
15. of Harim, Adna; of Meraioth, Helkai;
16. of Iddo, Zechariah; of Ginnethon, Meshullam;
17. of Abijah, Zichri; the son of Minjamin; of Moadiah, Piltai;
18. of Bilgah, Shammua; of Shemaiah, Jehonathan;
19. of Joiarib, Mattenai; of Jedaiah, Uzzi;
20. of Sallai, Kallai; of Amok, Eber;
21. of Hilkiah, Hashabiah; and of Jedaiah, Nethanel.
22. During the reign of Darius the Persian, a record was also kept of the Levites and priests who had been heads of their fathers’ houses in the days of Eliashib, Joiada, Johanan, and Jaddua.
23. The sons of Levi, the heads of the fathers’ houses until the days of Johanan the son of Eliashib, were written in the book of the chronicles. 24. And the heads of the Levites were Hashabiah, Sherebiah, and Jeshua the son of Kadmiel, with their brothers across from them, to praise and give thanks, group alternating with group, according to the command of David the man of God.
25. Mattaniah, Bakbukiah, Obadiah, Meshullam, Talmon, and Akkub were gatekeepers keeping the watch at the storerooms of the gates.
26. These lived in the days of Joiakim the son of Jeshua, the son of Jozadak, and in the days of Nehemiah the governor, and of Ezra the priest, the scribe.
Nehemiah 12:1-26 NKJV
TOPIC: ARE YOU IN THE RECORD?
God taught humans the need to keep records. God is a Statistician. Even a book of the Bible is known as Numbers where certain data were recorded. In verse 22 of our text we learnt that, “…a record was also kept of the Levites and priests who had been head of their fathers’ houses…”
Record-keeping is so important in life. Many of our parents due to ignorance and lack of education, never kept records of important events like birth and deaths. Our country Nigeria is in a state of confusion and it is affecting all areas of national life. We find it very difficult to lay hands on necessary data to plan with. What are we doing as individuals? Are you keeping records of milestones in your life, family and place of assignment? Can you help to curb the problem of falsification of age by keeping proper age records for your children? At the judgement, we shall all be judged from the records kept by God (Revelation 20:12). How are you making straight your life records with God so that you will not be a cast-away at last?
Prayer: My Father, teach me to walk rightly before you so that my record shall be straightened in heaven.
Regards to Anglican Cable Network TV