THE OBJECT OF THE BOYS’ BRIGADE:
The object of the boys’ brigade is the advancement of Christ’s kingdom among boys, and the promotion of the habits of obedience, reverence, discipline, self respect and all that tends towards a true Christian manliness.
THE AIMS OF THE BOYS’ BRIGADE:
- To advance Christ’s Kingdom among boys.
- To prepare boy’s for life in the family, the workplace and the wider community.
- To teach boys how and when to “lead” and how and when to “follow”.
- To promote a positive blend of individualism and team playing vital to society.
- To encourage boys to give back to the community in which they live.
The Boys’ Brigade, through its programme of youth and children’s work aims to:
- Providing opportunities for children and young people to meet together in their communities and engage in a range of fun and developmental activities
- Empowering children and young people by involving them in decision making at all levels of the BB and giving responsibility appropriate to their age and aptitude
- Enabling children and young people to engage with the needs of others (especially other young people) locally, nationally and globally and encouraging them to participate in activities and projects in which they can make a difference.
Source: Boys Brigade website