He ransacked the treasuries of the Lord’s Temple and the royal palace; he stole everything, including all the gold shields Solomon had made. King Rehoboam later replaced them with bronze shields as substitutes, and he entrusted them to the care of the commanders of the guard who protected the entrance to the royal palace. 1 Kings 14:27
The temple or the house of God is the treasure house of God. The church is not just a building rather it is the place where the greatest treasures of high value in God’s sight are kept. The word of God, prayer and the saints are materials of very high price in the sight of God.
But alas we have been robbed of these treasures of great value and in exchange the devil has given us treasures of least value. It was so in the first church at Eden when the first man lost eternal life, Dominion and the image of God given to him and substituted those materials of great worth with death, sickness, suffering, shame, slavery and other things of lesser value.
Today the enemy has invaded our Churches subtly in like manner as in Eden and he has orchestrated the stealing of great treasures of high value in the church and has left us with materials of lesser value.
The enemy has stolen:
- vibrant and zealous preachers and has left us with motivational speakers on pulpit.
- The word of God and left us with human wisdom and philosophies.
- Prayer lifestyle and left us with noise making.
- Earnest love for God and left us with love for mundane things of the world.
- Disciple making and has left us with pursuing of crowds
- Soul lifting praises and worship and left us with entertaining music.
- Evangelism and left us with business and other venture
- Personal devotion and secret prayer and has left us with spending much time on social media.
- Fellowship among believers and left us with strife, envy, ungodly competition and so on
- Love for Holiness and righteousness and left us with pursuit of worldly living and fleshly lusts.
- Soul enrichment and revival programs to empty programs geared at satisfying the selfish and carnal propensities of men.
I can go on and on to mention alot of treasures of great worth the enemy has stolen from the church of the living God and replaced it with other mundane and least important things.
When are we going to discover our great loss? When are we going to weep for the great treasures we have lost. The truth is that we are most times ignorant of the fact that we have lost a lot in the hands of the enemy. But alas it’s time to rise up and weep and understand that we have lost a great deal in the hands of the enemy.
When David understood what he has lost in the hands of the Amalekites, he wept in the presence of God until he had no more strength to weep. And then he mustered his army and pursued the enemy and recovered all that has been stolen from him. He did not get exhausted, but he persisted in pursuing until he has recovered all. We must rise up and pursue untill we have recovered all that we have lost in the hands of the enemy. This is the season to recover all. We must not faint at these time. Let the men of war arise and take what rightly belongs to them. Selah
So part of the burden of this retreat is raising a cry to heaven to recover all that the Church has lost.